Down4Sound JP8 | 800+ wRMS Car Amplifier
JP 8 AMP: 800W PLUS RMS MONOBLOCK Amplifier
The JP8 might be the most overdone, 800 watt amplifier ever to hit the market. R&D in Las Vegas, NV & Dunnellon FL. The Heatsink carries over from the JP23. The blue color takes from the OG days of Down4Sound and Car Audio, we call it OLD SKOOL BLUE.
Inside the JP8 is a fan cooling the output side; now it has plexi black plate, and Bass Knob with voltage and temperature meter.
- Internal Fan turns on at 120 degrees F
OUR STANDARD 1 YEAR MANUFACTURE DEFECTS | JUST LIKE ANY MANUFACTURE.
- The warranty doesn't mean we cover it if you hook it up wrong or launch it out a potato launcher or someone dropped it or if your ex comes by and steals it. It also doesn't cover you feeding it the wrong voltage distorting it malfunction, or you submarining it in your vehicle. This Version IS NOT Marine Grade.
There is an Optional half ohm warranty, in the options above, which protects you for .5 ohm hook up for 1 year.
Rated Power Output 800+ Watts RMS**
Independent Testing Power Ratings : By Big D Wiz
- 4 OHM: 511 Watts RMS at 14.4 Volts
- 2 OHM: 892 Watts RMS at 14.4 Volts
- 1 OHM: 1256 Watts RMS at 14.4 Volts
Our Testing Ratings ( We rate our for worst case power output)
- RMS power, 1ohm : 700W x 1 @ 12v | 850W x 1 @ 14.4v
- RMS power, 2ohms: 500W x 1 @ 12v |650W x 1 @ 14.4v
- RMS power, 4ohms : 490W x 1 @ 12v
- RMS power, 2ohm Linked: 2300W x 1 - 14.4v
JP8 Tuning Specs:
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 270 Hz
- Low Pass Filter: 35 Hz - 250 Hz
- Subsonic Filter: 10 Hz - 50 Hz
- Bass Boost: 0 - 9 Db
- Input sensitivity: 6V - 0.2V
- signal to Noise Ratio: 97dB <
- T.H.D @ 4ohm: less than 0.1%
- Single unit fuse rating: 120A
- Strapped fuse rating 220A
- Operating voltage : 9 to 16 Volts
- Length (inches) Width x height (inches):11.81" x 7.4"W 2.24" H
- Damping Factor: 100
CLASS: D - DIGITAL
4 GA input on Power Wire
8 GA input for Speaker Wire
It took a battery and a HOA but damn does it make my 15” very loud and happy. Doing well over 800. Very happy, if you need a solid 1k/1.1k watts amp get the power and this is it. Solid. And very pretty.
Picked this amp up during a Labor Day sale. All I can say is wow. I have it paired with a Sundown X8 in a D4S profab single box in the trunk of my 5th gen Camaro. For being only 1 8” driver, this amp brings the noise. Definitely impressed. Coming from a guy that has had multiple SPL setups, this is an awesome amp.
Small and underrated
Nice looking and very capable amp. Love the clear plastic at the bottom along with the cooling fan.
Very attractive and well built amplifier from what I can tell. The old school blue is a home run and the plexi bottom is icing on the cake. Have not installed it yet as I'm waiting for my subs to show up from D4S but I'm sure it will exceed any expectations.
Love the remote amp control. Sound is amazing and love the fan
This things a beast over built power house love the bass nob fans a big plus too
This amp surprised me with its output, I can play my system full tilt for 3+ hours and this amp will stay going without thermal shut down, I’m on the road a lot so having a system is a must, I’m very happy with this amp and would recommend it to anyone who needs something to power there subs. Strong amp, runs cool, bright voltage gauge on bass knob, definitely an under rated amp, this amp gives my sub its workout for sure!!! JP keep these amps available there Great
Amazing amp love the clip light and voltage meter on the bass knob. Sounds amazing on my sa12 v2 I’ll be upgrading to a jp23 soon, the jp8 is a banger!
This was my first purchase of D4S products, super fast shipping, excellent build quality. Extremely powerful amplifier, beyond its ratings. Will buy from again soon.