Looking for a sleeper kit? Our Jackass 228H air horn kit boasts some serious volume that you would never expect from such a compact kit. While it’s not technically a train horn due to its slightly higher tone, our Jackass 228H still packs all the power that you would get with one. If you are wanting to get as loud as possible, but want something a little different, this is the kit for you!
Our three-chime Caboose air horn featured in this kit is hands down, one of the loudest air horns you can buy. This beautiful chromed horn has a punchy mid-range tone that is sure to turn heads! With a total length of just over afoot, you will have no problem fitting our Caboose in any vehicle of any size. We pre-installed the 1/4" solenoid valve, making installation quick and simple.
With such a compact and powerful air horn, it only made sense to pair it with our HornAir 228H air source unit. As a tank-mounted compressor air system, the Jackass 228H is designed to give you all the performance you have come to expect from a HornBlasters horn kit without taking up a lot of room. Our 2-gallon 6 port air tank gives you enough air to provide your Caboose with up to 4 seconds of honk time and the mounted Viair 280C air compressor recharges your tank from 110-145 PSI to get you ready to blast again. With most of the kit being pre-plumbed and pre-wired, installation is much easier than larger kits, making the Jackass 228H a great starter kit.
As with all HornBlasters horn kits, our Jackass 228H comes complete with all required components and detailed instructions.
(Note: Tank mounted air compressors are not fully sealed. For this reason, the manufacturer recommends the tank/compressor system be mounted in the upright position in an enclosed space away from moisture, dirt, debris, etc... Failure to mount this product as directed will void the warranty)
**Detaching the compressor from the tank will void your warranty on this kit. If you need a solution where the compressor is detached, please look at our 232 and higher models. **
- High performance
- All-inclusive air horn solution!
- Beautiful chrome finish
- Complete with solenoid
- Max honk time: 5 to 7 seconds
- Caboose chrome air horn or Caboose stealth black air horn
- HornBlasters 228H air source unit
- 17ft 1/2in DOT Spec air line
- Pre-installed 1/4" electric air valve
- 22ft of 10-gauge red wire
- 22ft of 18-gauge blue wire
- 22ft of 18-gauge grey wire
- Complete wiring kit with fuse holder & fuses
- All fittings & mounting hardware
- Detailed installation manual
- Over the phone technical support
- Air line cutter
- Part Number: HK-B3-228H
- Operating Pressure: 150 PSI
- Restart Pressure: 110 PSI
- Voltage: 12-Volt DC
- Horn: Caboose air horn
- Horn Length: 12.500″ (317.5 mm)
- Horn Width: 6.000″ (152.4 mm)
- Horn Height: 6.250″ (158.75 mm)
- Horn Weight: 3.350 lb (1.52 Kg)
- Horn Air Inlet: 1/2" air line
- Air Source Unit: HornBlasters 228H air source unit
- Air Source Length: 19.0″ (482.6 mm)
- Air Source Width: 6.0″ (152.4 mm)
- Air Source Height: 13.75″ (349.25 mm)
- Air Source Weight: 17.15 lb (7.78 Kg)
- Air Tank: 2-gallon 5 port air tank
- Volume: 2 Gal (8.8 L)
- Air Source Kit Compressor: 280C air compressor
- Max Amperage: 19 amps
- Maximum Duty Cycle: 30% @ 100 PSI
* Supply Voltage: 13.8 Volts
|2.0 GALLON TANK||FILL RATE|
|0 to 145 PSI||3 min. 40 sec.(± 10 sec.)|
|110 to 145 PSI||1 min. 15 sec. (± 05 sec.)|
* Supply Voltage: 13.8 Volts
- Money-Back Guarantee/Refund Policy
All merchandise unless otherwise indicated may be returned within 30 days from the shipment arrival date for a refund. A Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is required for all returns. A 15% restocking fee may apply. Additional deductions may be made to reflect the products current market value. These terms apply to all refunds. Most products are shipped with a refund/replacement guarantee period unless otherwise noted in the product listing. Customers must inform HornBlasters.com of any order discrepancy within 7 days from the invoice date so that we may investigate and resolve the situation accordingly.
This Kit is backed with a 1 Year Manufactures Defect Warranty!
- HornBlasters.com Satisfaction Guarantee
HornBlasters.com offers our customers a 30-day satisfaction replacement or refund guarantee on all purchases, except when otherwise noted in the product listing.
HornBlasters.com will not cross-ship returned merchandise.
- Physical Damage Policy
Physical damage to any product purchased at HornBlasters.com will effectively void warranty coverage. Physical damage includes but is not limited to improper handling and/or any other type of damage sustained by irregular usage.