Steve Meade Designs Active High Level Converter HLC-2
The Steve Meade Designs HLC-2 is an audiophile quality stereo active high level converter useful for connecting aftermarket audio amplifiers to OEM audio systems that do not have RCA (low level) inputs. The HLC-2 includes a pair of independent gain controls for left and right channels. The output is Class A/B , the filters are 100% analog, and it has a military grade micro-power high speed bi-polar boost converter power supply. This means it will deliver a super clean, distortion-free signal over the entire audio spectrum with no low frequency roll-off, 10 Volts RMS output, all while drawing just 0.08 Amps of current. It draws so little current that it could run from a 9V battery if you wanted to.
This Listing Includes:
(1) SMD Active High Level Converter HLC-2
- -Class A/B Output
- -2-channel active high-level converter
- -Balanced 2 wire high-level inputs and unbalanced RCA outputs
- -Independent Left/Right gain controls
- -10V RMS output
- -Micro-power high speed mil spec power supply
- -Ultra-low distortion over entire audio spectrum
- -Blue LED power good indicator
- Operating voltage range for power supply: 6-18 VDC
- Operating voltage range for remote turn on: 6-18 VDC
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-40,000 Hz +/- 0.3dB
- Maximum input voltage: 40V RMS BTL
- Maximum output voltage: Greater than 10V RMS
- Signal to Noise: greater than 115dBA
- Distortion THD+N: 0.003%
- Current Draw @12.6 V: 80mA
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Output Voltage RCAs: 10V RMS
Dimensions: 4.10" x 2.19" x .80"
Weight: 2.4 oz.